MSPTM PHOTOGRAPHY COMPETITION 2021
MSPTM Photography Competition 2021 will be held on the 15 November 2021 until 28 February 2022. The photography competition will be organized and the details are as follows:
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Open to all interested participants.
2. The themes of the competition are divided into three (3) categories:
i. Activities in the lab - Scientific images using photographic methods to capture phenomena or activities that occur in the lab. The beauty of the resulting image creates a distinctive history of photography in the field of science seen from the perspective of the arts.
ii. Activities in the field - Capturing meaningful moments outside the lab that is related to research. The message within the image often gives a more profound meaning than words can ever express.
iii. Beauty of organisms - Discovering the beauty of organisms under the microscope, electron microscope, micro lens etc.
iv. Representation art- Art that seeks to depict the physical appearance of reality also called objective or figurative art
3. There is no limit to the number of entries that can be submitted per participant.
4. A softcopy of photography must be uploaded upon registration, in JPEG, PNG or TIFF format, and also with the meaning and messages about the photographs (within 100 words). Kindly ensure you have named your file for submission with your full name as per IC.
5. The size of photo should be 140cm (width) x 110cm (height).
6. Resolution of photo should at least 200 dpi and above.
7. Photos can be sent in either “Black & White” or “Full Color”.
8. Photos should be free from any sedition, defamation, political, religious and all negative elements or that can offend any party.
9. All entries must be original work, and not been published in any mass media or other competitions.
10. Each entrant will be restricted to one prize only.
11. All photos submitted to this contest may be used by the Malaysian Society of Parasitology & Tropical Medicine.
12. All entries become and remain the property of Malaysian Society of Parasitology & Tropical Medicine and may be used without permission or credit.
13. Participation not fulfilling these conditions and criteria will not be considered.
14. The judge’s decision is final.
15. Four cash prizes (each RM200.00) with certificates will be presented.
16. The winner’s photos will be used as the cover photos for MSPTM’s official journal, Tropical Biomedicine.
17. The winners will be announced in March 2022, and the prize will be presented during the Society’s AGM.
18. All photos should be submitted via online registration form not later than 5:00pm, 28 February 2022.
19. For enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Victoria Foo/ Dr. Chen Chee Dhang via email to email@example.com.