CP Ramachandran Travel Grant
Prof. Emeritus Dato’ Cherubala Pathayapurayil Ramachandran was a founder member of MSPTM and he was President 1973, 2000 and 2001. CP as he is fondly known was the first recipient of the Sandosham Medal in 1974. CP started his career in the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine from 1952 to 1962. He worked at the Institute for Medical Research from 1962 to 1970 whilst being an Assistant Professor in Medical Parasitology at the Faculty of Medicine, University of Malaya from 1963 to1969. He also received his D.Sc. from the University of Tokyo in 1968. In 1970, he joined Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang and became Dean of the School of Biological Sciences in 1972. In 1979, CP joined the World Health Organisation and rose to be the Chief of Filariasis Control and TDR in WHO. He was responsible for the establishment of Centres of Excellence of Tropical Diseases in many developing countries of South America, Africa Southeast Asia and Western Pacific Region. CP can be considered as the Father of Filariasis. He retired from WHO in 1996 and in the same year joined University Putra Malaysia as Professor of Parasitology until he retired. He was also made Honorary Member of the Society in 2008. The CP Ramachandran Travel Grant gives partial financial support to members to facilitate their participation in any parasitology and tropical medicine research-related conference, up to a maximum of RM 1,500 for each award. Applicant must submit an abstract for oral presentation to apply. Poster presentation is not eligible for application of travel grant award.
The CP Ramachandran Travel Grant gives partial financial support to members to facilitate their participation in any parasitology and tropical medicine research-related conference, up to a maximum of RM 1500 for each award. You must submit an abstract for oral presentation to apply. Poster presentation is not eligible for application of travel grant award.
The MSPTM member who fulfilled the following criteria:
- Membership for at least 3 years or above
- Malaysian citizen
- Travel purpose: to attend parasitology and tropical medicine research-related conference
- Proof of abstract acceptance to conference (if necessary)
- Brochure of the conference
- Expected expenditure
- Amount: up to RM 1500
Procedure of application
- Applicants are required to fill up the application form and submit to the MSPTM secretary at email@example.com. Incomplete application form will not be processed.
- All submitted applications will be reviewed by committee and applicants will be notified of their outcome in writing within 2 (two) months from date of submission.
- All successful applicants must acknowledge MSPTM with at least one slide during his/her presentation in conference.
- Grant recipients must submit copies of travel receipts within 1 (one) month of return for reimbursements.
- Grant recipients must submit a travel report/testimonial with conference photos within 1 (one) month of return. MSPTM reserves the right to publish the travel report/testimonial on MSPTM website or any other social media.
The CP Ramachandran Travel Grant is open throughout the year. Please find the guidelines and application form at the attachment.