The Society publishes the Journal – Tropical Biomedicine, 4 issues yearly. It was first started in 1984. The journal is now abstracted / indexed by Medline, ISI Thompson, CAB International, Zoological Abstracts, SCOPUS. It is available free on the MSPTM website. Members may submit articles on Parasitology, Tropical Medicine and other related subjects for publication in the journal subject to scrutiny by referees. There is a charge of US$200 per manuscript. However, charges will be waived if the first author or corresponding author are members of MSPTM of at least three (3) years' standing.
We are upgrading Tropical Biomedicine to an online Journal Management System. Once this system is rolled out, we will no longer accept manuscript submissions by email. Authors will be directed to the Journal Management System once the upgrade is rolled out. For the present, we are still accepting manuscript submissions through the editor email.
From January 2021, Publication charges will be increased to USD 300 per manuscript
Contact the Editor
Please contact the editor via email for all communications and submissions with regards to the Tropical Biomedicine journal.
Impact Factor Tropical Biomedicine Journal
Dear all MSPTM members,
We are excited to announce that the Impact Factor for Tropical Biomedicine is 0.418 (2020).
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all authors who have published papers with us. Members please help to improve our Impact Factor by making references to papers published in Tropical Biomedicine. Please continue to support our Journal and submit your manuscript to Tropical Biomedicine!
Tropical Biomedicine welcomes previously unpublished papers which contribute to the advancement of knowledge of parasitology, entomology, tropical medicine and other aspects of biomedical research.
The advantages of publishing with Tropical Biomedicine include:
- Four issues per year (March, June, September, December)
- Pages charges will be waived for members (first author or corresponding author) with membership of three years and above.
- Free online access to published papers (2004 and onward).
- Abstracted/ Indexed by ISI Thomson, Scopus, Medline, CAB International and Zoological Abstract.
- Respected Editorial Board members.
- Free global dissemination of research.
For manuscript submission, please send your manuscript to the Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please visit: http://msptm.org/journal/
Thank you so much.
Tropical Biomedicine Editorial Board Members 2020
From the left:
1. Dr Tan Tiong Kai, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, UM, KL (Managing Editor 2)
2. Dr Lucas Low Van Lun, Senior Lecturer UM, KL (Associate Editor)
3. Dato' Dr Chandrawathani Panchadcharam (Editor)
4 & 5. Opusoft Team
6. Mr Chang Kum Wah, Livestock Industry Facilitator (Editorial IT Secretary)
7. Dr Chen Chee Dhang, Head of Research Officer (Scheme Q), UM, Senior Research Officer, UM, KL (Managing Editor 1)
8. Mdm Premaalatha D/O Bathmanaban, Asst. Science Officer, VRI (Editorial Secretary)