All Scientists, Medical and Veterinary Professionals and those interested in the objectives of the Society and whose qualification are deemed satisfactory by the Council are eligible to become members. The candidates should submit the membership application form with recommendation from two members.
The function of the Council is to organize and supervise the activities of the Society and to make decisions on matters affecting its running within the framework of the Constitution. It shall furnish an annual report to each general meeting on its activities during the previous year.
The Council of the Society shall be elected at an annual general meeting and shall consist of:
- Vice President
- Honorary Secretary
- Honorary Treasurer
- Five Ordinary Council Members
- Immediate past President or, in his absence, immediate past Vice President
- Not more than two (2) Honorary Assistant Secretary
This is open to all companies interested in the activities of the Society. Enjoy all other rights of members, except voting and holding positions in the council. Current MSPTM Cooperate Members are
- Agricultural Chemicals (M) SDN BHD (ACM)
At any one time three people can be nominated to be honorary members of the Society. These people are chosen based on their valuable contributions and outstanding services to the advancement of medical and science in general and to the society in particular.
LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- The Society is a member of the Confederation of Scientific and Technological Association of Malaysia (COSTAM)
- The World Federation of Parasitologist
- The International Federation of Tropical Medicine (IFTM)