Tropical Biomedicine Journal
The Society publishes the Journal – Tropical Biomedicine, 4 issues yearly. It was first started in 1984. The journal is now abstracted / indexed by PubMed MEDLINE, Web of Science (ISI Thompson), Scopus, CAB International, Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, Essential Science Indicators and Zoological Record. It is available free on the MSPTM website. Members may submit articles on Parasitology, Tropical Medicine and other related subjects for publication in the journal subject to scrutiny by referees. There is a charge of US$200 per manuscript. However, charges will be waived if the first author or corresponding author is a member of MSPTM of at least three (3) years' standing.
We are upgrading Tropical Biomedicine to an online Journal Management System. Once this system is rolled out, we will no longer accept manuscript submissions by email. Authors will be directed to the Journal Management System once the upgrade is rolled out. For the present, we are still accepting manuscript submissions through the editor email.
From January 2021, publication charges will be revised to USD 300 per manuscript for non-members.
Please contact the editor via email for all communications and submissions with regards to the Tropical Biomedicine journal: firstname.lastname@example.org
Impact Factor Tropical Biomedicine Journal
Dear all MSPTM members,
We are excited to announce that the ISI Impact Factor for Tropical Biomedicine is 0.509 (2019).
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all authors who have published papers with us. Members please help to improve our Impact Factor by making references to papers published in Tropical Biomedicine. Please continue to support our Journal and submit your manuscript to Tropical Biomedicine!
Tropical Biomedicine welcomes previously unpublished papers which contribute to the advancement of knowledge of parasitology, entomology, tropical medicine, zoonosis and other aspects of biomedical research.
All submitted manuscripts will be assessed based on their novelty, problem identification, contribution to the new body of knowledge, scope of work and plagiarism. Manuscripts having a similarity score below 25% will be accepted for review.
The length of the submitted manuscript are as follows:
- Original article (less than 10,000 words)
- Short communication (less than 3,000 words)
- Review article (by invitation) has no word count limit.
The advantages of publishing with Tropical Biomedicine include:
- Four issues per year (March, June, September, December)
- Pages charges will be waived for members (first author or corresponding author) with membership of three years and above.
- Free online access to published papers (2004 and onward).
- Abstracted / Indexed by ISI Web of Science, Scopus, PubMed MEDLINE, CAB International and Zoological Abstract.
- Respected Editorial Board members will get recognition with a letter of appreciation.
- Free global dissemination of research.
For manuscript submission, please send your manuscript to the Editor at: email@example.com
Thank you so much.
Tropical Biomedicine Editorial Management Team
1. Dr Stanley Tan Tiong Kai, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, UM – Managing Editor 2
2. Dr Lucas Low Van Lun, Senior Lecturer UM – Associate Editor
3. Dato’ Dr Chandrawathani Panchadcharam – Chief Editor
4 & 5. Opusoft Team
6. Mr Chang Kum Wah, Livestock Industry Facilitator – Editorial IT Secretary
7. Dr Chen Chee Dhang, Head of Research Officer (Scheme Q) and Senior Research Officer UM – Managing Editor 1
8. Mdm Premaalatha D/O Bathmanaban, Asst. Science Officer, VRI – Editorial Secretary
Tropical Biomedicine Editorial Board Members - 2020-2023 term
|Names of Members||Country|
|Chief Editor: Chandrawathani Panchadcharam||Malaysia|
|Associate Editor: Low Van Lun||Malaysia|
|Editorial Board Members||Malaysia|
|Tan Tiong Kai||Malaysia|
|Chen Chee Dhang||Malaysia|
|Chang Kum Wah||Malaysia|
|Heo Chong Chin||Malaysia|
|Adela Ida Jiram||Malaysia|
|Cheong Fei Wen||Malaysia|
|Lee Han Lim||Malaysia|
|Mak Joon Wah||Malaysia|
|Nazni Wasi Ahmad||Malaysia|
|Ooi Hong Kean||Japan|
|Pollie LM Rueda||USA|
|Siti Nursheena Mohd Zain||Malaysia|
|David Lee Kim Sung||Singapore|
|Chandramathi Samudi Raju||Malaysia|
|Lydia R. Leonardo||Philipines|
|Adzzie Shazleen Azman||Malaysia|
|Tan Kim Kee||Malaysia|
Roles of Editorial Board members:
- Actively participate in the process of attracting submissions to the journal.
- Declare to support Open Access Publication.
- Stand by the rules and regulations of the journal.
- Fulfil all the assignments in timely and honourable manner eg. In reviewing articles in area of your expertise.
- Accept a term of 3 years subject to further extension by the request of the Editor.
- Will help in soliciting quality manuscript(s) from colleagues and peers.
- Promote the journal within your capacity as a researcher.