About Tropical Biomedicine
The Malaysian Society of Parasitology and Tropical Medicine (MSPTM) publishes Tropical Biomedicine (TB) since 1984. The journal issues are published quarterly in March, June, September and December every year. The publication is fully electronic and open-access on the MSPTM website. The e-ISSN of TB is 2521-9855.
Aims and Scope
Tropical Biomedicine welcomes original scientific manuscripts which contribute to the advancement of knowledge of parasitology, entomology, tropical medicine, zoonosis and other aspects of biomedical research.
Abstracting / Indexing
The journal is abstracted / indexed by PubMed MEDLINE, Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics), Scopus, CAB International, Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, Essential Science Indicators and Zoological Record.
Submission Method and Article Fee
There is a publication fee of MYR1,250 (approx. US$300) per manuscript as of January 2021. However, the publication fee will be waived if the first author or corresponding author is a member of MSPTM of at least three (3) years' standing.
The MSPTM Tropical Biomedicine online submission system was launched on 1 Dec 2020. The Editorial team will only accept submission through the online system. For enquiry, please contact Editorial Team via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNOUNCEMENT TO MSPTM MEMBERS ON Tropical Biomedicine
Dear all MSPTM members,
We are pleased to announce that the Web of Science Journal Impact Factor for Tropical Biomedicine is 0.509 (2019). (Source: Journal Citations Report, Clarivate Analytics, 2020.)
We would like to take this opportunity to thank all authors who have published papers with us. Members please help to improve our Impact Factor by making references to papers published in Tropical Biomedicine. Please continue to support our Journal and submit your manuscript to Tropical Biomedicine!
Tropical Biomedicine welcomes previously unpublished papers which contribute to the advancement of knowledge of parasitology, entomology, tropical medicine, zoonosis and other aspects of biomedical research.
All submitted manuscripts will be assessed based on their novelty, problem identification, contribution to the new body of knowledge, scope of work and plagiarism. Manuscripts having a similarity score below 25% will be accepted for review.
The length of the submitted manuscript are as follows:
- Original article (less than 10,000 words)
- Short communication (less than 3,000 words)
- Review article (by invitation) has no word count limit.
The advantages of publishing with Tropical Biomedicine include:
- Four issues per year (March, June, September, December)
- Publication fee will be waived for members (first author or corresponding author) with membership of three years and above.
- Free online access to published papers (2004 and onward).
- Abstracted / Indexed by PubMed MEDLINE, Web of Science (Clarivate Analytics), Scopus, CAB International, Biological Abstracts, BIOSIS Previews, Essential Science Indicators and Zoological Record.
- Respected Editorial Board members will get recognition with a letter of appreciation.
- Free global dissemination of research.
Thank you so much.